Friday, June 15, 2012

Kiss the Rain

I know, I know!  This song as a title really dates myself but I couldn't help myself.  This song got stuck in my head today because of the week long rainstorm that has been my life lately.  People in Taiwan are quite peculiar when it comes to rain.  They fear it for some reason.  I can't think of how many times that it has just been sprinkling outside so I decided to not use an umbrella and people look at me like I'm crazy.  If there is any big activity (outside or inside) that is being put on by the community, school or church, and it rains, it is then seen as too much of a nuisance to go outside so it is then canceled.  I've seen it happen so many times.  

I myself don't mind the rain.  In fact rain can have such a cleansing and new effect.  What I don't like is when said rain continues to come down for a whole week.  Then the rain switches from cleansing to just a wet shower that lasts for days.  Plus once you are wet you stay that way.  I have no deep meaning to this post, just that I probably will miss how wet and green this country is once I am back in the desert of Arizona.  I guess the grass is always greener.

1 comment:

  1. I love the rain. I love the smell, the light feel of it on your skin, and the joy it can bring. I've never lived anywhere where rain has lasted more than a day or two, so I'm not sure what effect that part would have on me.

    You can always travel to the northwest or the midwest for some green or great thunderstorms!

    ReplyDelete