Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hiding in Bed, not fun



So hiding in my bed with a headache after a long week is not as comforting as it may sound to some people who are wishing they could catch a break like this. Sometimes I wake up so tired for work and just wish that I had some kind of ailment so I could validate staying at home but when it really happens I have to deal with the pain and annoyance of being sick which makes the rest a very non-enjoyable activity.

Anyway, at least this gives me time to write on my blog and catch people up on exactly why I have my head swimming in Acetaminophen. Last weekend I got to have a lot of fun. I went to my first ever Single's Conference. For all of you who don't know what this is, it's when a bunch of church-going single people get together and rent out a hotel and have a fun weekend full of hearing inspirational messages, doing service in the community, while all at the same time trying to exchange as many phone numbers as possible and complaining to your buddies why so many girls are completely ignoring them and how are they ever going to get married if the girls don't do their job of realizing how sexy they are (overheard conversation in bedroom, Ha!). Well I didn't plan on going, in fact I really didn't pay much attention to this activity until the church leader who was organizing it, who just happens to be my boss at work as well, asked me to provide a little night music (pardon the musical pun) for the singles to dance to. He said that he wanted me to be one of the choices on a night where the singles had free time to participate in a lot of different things. My boss wanted me to put on a romantic night of live Jazz music so the Singles could dance to it but have it be more of a romantic atmosphere instead of a night club atmosphere. I didn't think that Taiwanese people really connected to Jazz music, which I later found out that I was correct, but I jumped at the chance to perform especially since it was one of my most favorite music styles. Well it was a big hit! I mean they couldn't figure out how to dance to it, which most Taiwanese people in my experience don't really understand how to dance to anything but line dancing, but they said that they really thought the night went well and they met a lot of people. I was surprised because I thought that they were going to act like the youth at a dance, just a couple of people having fun while the rest of the people sit in their little groups on the sidelines. The majority of the people were on the dance floor dancing, talking and otherwise socializing. I also met some awesome people there too as well. I went to be able to find more people my age that I could get to know better and I think I accomplished that.

Needless to say I didn't get much sleep that weekend and this week I have not been doing much to make up for that loss. Between catch up grading, catch up playing and catch up tv shows I haven't been very nice to my body this week so it is taking it's revenge. Hopefully this next week I'll be more responsible. Love you guys and hope your Thanksgiving preparations bring you joy and the feelings of gratefulness.

2 comments:

  1. I so love reading your blog!! Thanks for posting on FB that you had gotten a chance to write. Even if the only reason you are is because you are in pain. Be nice to that body and get some rest. And remember next time you can just get someone else to play and show them how to dance I know for a fact you rock at it :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as a prescript, I have not read your post at the time of this comment.

    Clinton, would you be offended if I said that the first thing that I thought of when I saw your recent photo(2nd one) was of a Where's Waldo book? I was looking at it for a moment trying to figure it out and I couldn't see you anywhere. Then I did the logical thing that I think most people would do and I divided the pic into quadrants and found you hiding out in the bottom left one. It was actually pretty fun and I eagerly await your next Where's Waldo pic to continue the search.

    Now I will actually go back and read your post:)

    ReplyDelete