Sunday, October 30, 2011

Be careful what you wish for...


So lately I have been trying to connect with a young man that I became acquainted with when I was serving in the Young Men's Presidency here in Taiwan. Lately he seems to be slowly distancing himself from things that he used to be so actively attending before and I just haven't been that active in catching up with him since I've been back. I wasn't serving in Young Men's anymore, he wasn't my Home Teaching Companion like he was before, but I still felt responsible as a friend to see how he was doing. Through this effort I started missing serving with the Young Men and wished that I was still involved somehow. Well then...WAPOW! My wish has been granted. I am now the Young Men's President. You know when you start to get a feeling about a calling and it turns out that it was probably the spirit telling you about upcoming events. Well maybe that is what was happening to me because here I am getting called to the calling that I kind of started doing already through trying to reconnect to this Young Man in danger. Now our ward has one more Young Man since I left for home over the summer so we have doubled in size! The bishop also wants me to work on reactivating a Young Man that fell inactive when I first got here last year. I had grown close to him back then but life just took over. Hopefully I can reconnect with this dude too and see if I can't try to get him to come back to church. Regardless, I am happy about my new calling even though I am still a ward choir director and a seminary teacher.

Also, this week I was able to go to an incredible monument built to the Buddhist main deity, the original Buddha. This is the first time that I have seen a religious Buddhist building that is new and I was so impressed with the architecture and the attention to detail. To tell you the truth the place looked like a scene straight out of the Nickelodeon show Avatar. The courtyard was so gargantuan and the Buddha statue in the backdrop was so enormous that it was just so incredible to be there. The only thing missing was the signs of excavation. It seriously looked like an ancient relic temple being unearthed in the jungles of South America. It kind of excited me and made me want to run around like a little kid jumping off of benches and doing made up karate moves. Definitely a must see for anyone that wants to come out here and visit me (hint, hint).

Well, as I start this next month I know that things are gonna get really busy for me. This month I have a big performance that I'm preparing for the singles conference of my church, I just started teaching another middle school English Class, plus I am still preparing for the big presentation for early December. Things are starting to gather speed. I pray that I don't get hives this year like I did last year from the stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment